This product is non-returnable.
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Digital Videos features the same content as the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course DVD Set and the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Videos on USB. This product includes the required videos AHA BLS and Heartsaver Instructors need to teach AHA’s Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course, including the classroom and online/blended learning versions of the courses for both the Heartsaver Pediatric and Heartsaver Pediatric Total course paths.
The digital format allows Instructors to stream course videos with an internet connection, download videos for offline use, and are an alternative to using DVDs or the USB.
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Digital Videos are to be used by a single AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor to teach the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course in a classroom setting and to conduct skills practice and testing for Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED blended learning. Instructors can select the version of the course they are teaching from a dropdown menu.
- Reflectsthe latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid, CPR, and how to use an AED with emphasis on emergencies that occur with children and infants.
- Empower students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- With online, onsite, and classroom training* in two course paths (Heartsaver Pediatric and Heartsaver Pediatric Total), these courses offer flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center.)
- The shorter Heartsaver Pediatric core course path offers the flexibility to add optional topics, while Heartsaver Total is designed for childcare professionals and those requiring OSHA or other regulatory agency compliant training.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- List the duties, roles, and responsibilities of a first aid rescuer
- Describe the 4 key steps in pediatric first aid: prevent, protect, assess, and act
- Remove protective gloves (skill students will demonstrate)
- Find the problem (skill students will demonstrate)
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
- Control bleeding and bandaging (skills students will demonstrate)
- Use an epinephrine pen (skill students will demonstrate)
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Describe the risks of smoking and vaping and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for all age groups
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on children and adults
- Describe when and how to help someone who is choking
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
Please note: When downloaded for offline viewing, each module/session will download individually and must be played separately.