This product is non-returnable.
Electronic equivalent of the AHA’s ACLS EP Manual and Resource Text, offering an alternative to the printed course
- Updated to reflect the following: 2015 AHA Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care, 2013 American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF)/AHA Guidelines for the Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction, and 2012 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guideline for the Management of Patients with Unstable Angina/Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- This course is for seasoned healthcare providers who manage complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other emergencies; those who are proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, understanding ACLS pharmacology; and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest, arrest, or postarrest patients. This audience includes physicians, paramedics, and emergency department or critical care nurses. Also, the course director may allow other professionals who are deeply involved in the field of resuscitation, including scientists, educators, and researchers, to take this course.
- eBooks cannot be printed.
- Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- CE credits: Yes
After successfully completing the ACLS EP course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating use of an AED
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including post-cardiac arrest care
- Demonstrate effective communication as leader or member of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Apply the systematic approach to assessment, evaluation, and management of complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other emergencies
The following separate supplementary tools are automatically included with the purchase of the ACLS EP Manual and Resource Text eBook:
- ACLS Digital Pocket Reference Card Set
- ACLS EP Systematic Approach Digital Pocket Reference Card
- Access to a website containing a link to the ACLS provider exam online (15-1411) and additional information and reference materials
Prerequisites for taking this course:
- ACLS Provider card
- Proficiency in all BLS and ACLS skills, including pharmacology
- Successful score 84% or better on ACLS EP Online Exam, distributed by instructor to students with precourse letter